Heart signals and pinout

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Ok great, and between GND to G3/G4/G5 and 3.3V to G3/G4/G5.

I just want to confirm there is nothing shorted on the PS1D, so we can focus attention to exactly where the problem.

Milo22

Ok great, and between GND to G3/G4/G5 and 3.3V to G3/G4/G5.

I just want to confirm there is nothing shorted on the PS1D, so we can focus attention to exactly where the problem.
So between all of these points I got around the same value most of the time. That's for both GND and 3.3v to G3/G4/G5.
20200929_115727.jpg

Rarely I would get another negative value though.
20200929_115948.jpg

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Ok those are are all ok. Can you try the same process but this time with the PS1D plugged into the console. Is everything the same or different?

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
G4 is shorted to 3.3V on the flex. Lets just focus on that.

Focus on those two pins only. Put flux down with and use a clean tip with no solder. Try and pull solder out. Reverify the bridge is gone with a meter.

1601404336079.png

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah its possible. You can also try to pull the solder up with braid. and remove all solder from the area. Confirm the bridge is gone then resolder.

Milo22

Yeah its possible. You can also try to pull the solder up with braid. and remove all solder from the area. Confirm the bridge is gone then resolder.
Dan you are the man!! I'm finally getting crispy pixels! All hearts! I ended up desoldering the entire flex with hot air and resoldering it back down. With very careful drag soldering I got it back down! Thank you for your time and effort. I learned a ton and feel like I'm a better modder now.
20200929_212623.jpg