Resolved: Blinking LED on PS1Digital no HDMI output

the Goat

Installed a PS1Digital today. When I tried testing it the LED on the PS1Digital blinks on/off and there is no HDMI output.
  • The PS1 still works with analog video and audio output and the xStation ODE loads just fine
  • Unplugging the HDMI cable makes the PS1Digital LED throb like in the install video
  • PS1Digital is getting both 3.3V and 5V
  • Holding down the reset button did NOT show a test pattern on the HDMI output
I imagine the LED blinking on/off means something. But I have not found any documentation saying what it means.

Any ideas where I should direct my troubleshooting?

Last edited:

the Goat

I Ohm'ed out the GPU and audio FFC cables looking for shorts or cold joints. But found nothing and changed nothing. I reassembled everything and the PS1Digital worked first try. Maybe one of the FFC cables was making a bad connection in the socket? I don't know.

Yon702

I believe that the blinking on and off blue LED means that's it's not detecting an HDMI port plugged in all the way.

the Goat

I believe that the blinking on and off blue LED means that's it's not detecting an HDMI port plugged in all the way.
Yes I mentioned that in my original post above. That behavior is more of a throbbing LED or pulsing LED. And when I disconnected the HDMI cable the LED on the PS1Digital would behave exactly like that. When I connected the HDMI cable, the LED would blink on and off which is different from the throbbing/pulsing behavior.

Regardless it is working now.