Increasing audio lag in 960p

Jetfire13

Hey guys! Not sure if this is just my setup or what but I noticed that when I have the DCDigital in 960p mode on my LG CX the audio slowly starts to lag behind the video. It seems to increase very slowly and keeps getting worse. I let the intro run for Soul Caliber for like 20-30 minutes and then pushed start and wanted to test and the menu sounds were all about a second behind me moving the cursor. It doesn’t do it in 1080p with regular firmware or in 960p with the relaxed firmware. Just wanted to see if this was normal or if I had stumbled onto a bug. Thanks and have a good evening!

chriz2600

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting issue, but it must be related to your TV, because there is no audio buffer and only a few lines of video buffer on DCDigital.

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
You might try playing around with some of the audio settings in the in the CX, there might be a mode that helps. I can confirm that my C9 doesn't have this issue.

Jetfire13

You might try playing around with some of the audio settings in the in the CX, there might be a mode that helps. I can confirm that my C9 doesn't have this issue.
You’re right! I changed the audio settings on the tv for Digital Sound Out from “auto” to “pass through”, and the issue went away. Probably specific to my setup but that’s a weird issue. I wonder what the TV was doing to cause that delay? Thanks again for all your help! I appreciate the time.