Heart signals and pinout

Milo22

I have yet to see the heart test menu but I think I have a color/signal problem anyway. I'm going to buy an ea sports game so I can see the heart signals but is there a pinout that corresponds to the hearts so I can check that point? I know there is one for the dcdigital.

Milo22

Any FMV sequence I have found is 24bit. Which is most intros of games, like FF7 etc.
Great! I have tomb raider 2 and it does have an FMV sequence that is compatible. I now see that G3-G5 are not lighting up. I've checked those connections with a multimeter and resoldered them as well but I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm thinking I just need a new flex cable at this point.

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Can you try a different game for me and also take a pic of the test/info screen and post it here.

The video data might not be changing on the LSB. In some games you might see X's during black segments or lesser colors displayed. It doesn't make sense to have R7/G7/B7 be the only failures.

Milo22

Can you try a different game for me and also take a pic of the test/info screen and post it here.

The video data might not be changing on the LSB. In some games you might see X's during black segments or lesser colors displayed. It doesn't make sense to have R7/G7/B7 be the only failures.
It's G3 - G5 that isn't lighting up. Also I randomly found an ea sports game. 20200929_100054.jpg

Milo22

It's honestly extremely hard to tell there is a color issue nowBefore I noticed a green hue. The way I can tell is the extreme color banding in the ps1 menu using hdmi.

20200929_101553.jpg
20200929_101743.jpg

Milo22

Okay so the analog output has the exact same look. And I also found the PS1 doesn't boot properly without the gpu flex connected....

This is analog.
20200929_103455.jpg20200929_103520.jpg

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Since the green issue is different now, redo the test with the game. Im guessing its an issues with joints on the flex still. But rerun the fmv test and see if the points have changed.

Also just trying pressing down on the gpu flex while the console is running. If you see a change in the video then you have weak connections.

Milo22

The green issue went away some time back. These recent tests are without it. I can press all the way down with no change in video. Now before when I pressed down I would see a change. I actually had it perfect in terms of that color banding issue. I would see it switch back and forth.

In terms of the flex cable. I have soldered every point on it at least 5 different times at this point. Thats why I think I just need a new flex cable.

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Can you remove the PS1D board all together, and lets do some quick checking on it.

Make sure G3/G4/G5 have no continuity. Also double check these points again GND and 3.3V Let me know your results.

1601391978229.png

Milo22

I checked the points on the PS1D with it removed. G3/G4/G5 have no continuity between each other. 3.3v and GND do not as well.

The PS1 motherboard does have continuity between 3.3v and GND but I'm assuming that's because of the resistor on the flex?