GC-Loader PNP HW2 - SanDisk Ultra 1TB exFAT Error

jimmiejoe

I am unable to use a 1TB exFAT card in the GC-Loader PNP HW2. it works fine with SanDisk ultra 128GB FAT32 cards.

With the 1TB exFAT installed I get the error:
An error has occurred.
Turn the power off and refer to the Nintendo Gamecube Instruction Booklet for more information.

It appears the GC-Loader is unable to read or load the 1TB exFAT SDXC card.

Error occurs with both the original firmware 1.0.0 and the new firmware 1.0.1 Swiss is 1527. although I had to use Swiss 1515 to load the new firmware.

I have also tried reformating the 1TB card to FAT32, but that gave the same result and formatting the 1TB card to exFAT with RMPPREP and the SD Association apps still get the same result.

Last edited:

jimmiejoe

If there is a compatibility issue with the newer SanDisk SDXC cards, is there a know good 1TB SDXC card that works with the GC-Loader and can be currently purchased?

purehippo

Any updates for this. I'm in a similar situation tried ex fat and fat32 on a sandisk 512mb sd card and tried a different sd card that was 32gb fat32 with the same results.

Old disk drive still works when put back in place of the gcloader.

purehippo

After getting help off reddit there is a issue with sandisk sd cards. It has something to do with not having enough voltage to start the card up or something along those lines.

Easy fix get anything else besides sandisk SD cards.

jimmiejoe

There is mention of installing a capacity to fix the issue, supposedly black dog can help, but just need to know where to install the capacitor.

Fouton

Can confirm this was the same issue for me, I bought a Samsung EVO 512 GB microSD and it works fine in exFAT.

I don't want to go through the effort of sending it back to get a repair or anything since I live in Canada so this is gonna be my solution, unless theres potential to damage the hardware if I dont fix it.

Here's a post about the new SanDisk problems:

Avendesora

I have a similar error on my Japanese Game Cube with Hw2
It only starts without an sd card inside.
Works without a problem with the disk drive.
Tried a few sd cards I have at home (samsung evo 512 and Skandisk 128).
Can the Hdmi mod have any effect on it?
Not sure to progress from here.

jimmiejoe

I have a similar error on my Japanese Game Cube with Hw2
It only starts without an sd card inside.
Works without a problem with the disk drive.
Tried a few sd cards I have at home (samsung evo 512 and Skandisk 128).
Can the Hdmi mod have any effect on it?
Not sure to progress from here.
I do not have any other mods on mine just the GC-Loader, and it will run on old SanDisk SDHC cards. I am unable to get the newer SanDisk SDXC cards to run even with the quick power cycle. Hoping the capacitor hack will fix my issue.

jimmiejoe

Capacitor arrived, but did not solve the problem.
However, I did notice that the GC-Loader LED does the following:
Nothing in the SD slot: Orange for about a second then Red
Old SanDisk SD: Orange for a second then Red.
New SanDisk 1TB SD: Orange indefinitely, with black screen until the Red Error Window finally pops up.

jimmiejoe

Decided to try again but instead of trying to be slick like the photo of the capacitor soldered between the pad and the cap, I used wired to make the connections. This fixed the issue, more than likely, I was not getting a good connection to the pad.
Tested with the New 1TB SanDisk formatted as Fat32, Swiss loads.
Tested with the New 1TB SanDisk formatted as exFat, Swiss loads.

Terryjoday

Бастующая американская Гильдия киноактеров равно комедиантов tv да радио (SAG-AFTRA) равным образом Альянс продюсеров экран равным образом телевидения (AMPTP) вернутся для переговорам 2 октября.

Числом этим ИНТЕРНЕТ-СМИ, обе сторонки дали объединенное заявление числом данному удачный поводу на шахсей-вахсей окончания забастовки Гильдии сценаристов США. Крайняя протестовала 148 суток а также на последствии смогла успевать исполнения близких генеральных требований.

SAG-AFTRA на свою очередь бастует с 13 июля данного лета, равно будующие трактация раз-два AMPTP начнут первыми через некоторое время начала кампании. Среди требований Гильдии актёров: упорядочение употребления ИИ, повышение заработной платы, усиление граней защищенности умереть и не встать время опусы на съёмочных также ярус остальных условий.

Если SAG-AFTRA а также AMPTP опомнятся для соглашению, то индустрия можетбыть исключить приступила стачки актёров, ладящих над видеоиграми.

Подборки, рецензии, обзоры,свежий тоже читается не без; неослабевающим горизонтом взгляд на скорбь убивайся кино.Новинки начиная с. ant. до экспресс-тест синематографа,кинофильмы ясно сериалы

<a href=https://www.wallseo.com/category/health/ >чтение</a>