DCDigital stopped displaying video/audio after playing 480i game

Behrudy

Installed the unit with no issues and was playing CVS2/Spawn/Marvel 2 perfectly.

However after running Gauntlet Legends which is a non-VGA game, my tv began to flicker with black until I didn't have a signal any longer. After this incident, my video never displayed again. I tried multiple TVs and even went back to my VGA box and still nothing.

I attempted the L Trigger+Down+Start command but still nothing. Did I short something? I may have had force VGA on which is likely the cause of this issue.

Update 1 11/2: I tried multiple TVs and finally got it to work with a VGA box (Gekko) in composite mode. Signal was dirty/pinkish but I wasn't able to bring up the DCHDMI menu. Getting the composite signal to work is not consistent.

Update 2 11/2: Tested it with composite cables and only got sound. Black screen but audio was working. Tried L+R+Y+B+Start and nothing. Tried booting the console while hold up and down and nothing.

Update 3 11/3: Could not get it to work with my Gekko in RGB mode like before. Clearly the dreamcast is running as I see the GDEMU icon on my VMU and everything is booting. Possible that a fuse got blown? This is definitely more stressful than I hoped, maybe Gauntlet Legends really didn't want me to own a DCDigital.

Update 4 11/3: Tried the blind controller input to get back to 1080p mode from Dans video. Still no luck. Any reason my DCDigital menu would stop working when in RGB mode? I can still hear audio from composite cables but no picture. Starting to think I have a bridge someone on the SYNC side of the video IC.

Very disheartening. Especially after making a celebratory Twitter post when it was working. Added a picture below on when it was working before running Gauntlet.El14beoU0AE7BB_.jpg

Last edited:

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Yes sounds like a tiny bridge on the vclk/hsync/vsync pin of the flex. Check out the last image in step3 of the install docs for exact locations of these pins.

The OSD will not show up in analog only the HDMI.

Behrudy

Yes sounds like a tiny bridge on the vclk/hsync/vsync pin of the flex. Check out the last image in step3 of the install docs for exact locations of these pins.

The OSD will not show up in analog only the HDMI.
Thanks Dan. If thats the case, should my button input start working to go back to HDMI mode?

Hopefully this is the issue! :)