Composite Video Has Occasional Hiccups When Run Simultaneously With HDMI

obsidianspider

I noticed that when running HDMI to my flat panel TV and composite to my 27" Wega simultaneously from my SCPH-5501 with a PS1Digital and xstation installed that occasionally the video and audio will "blip" or "jump" or "hiccup" on the composite output using the OEM Sony AV composite cable. The HDMI signal is always rock solid, but the composite issue is weird. As a test I powered off the PlayStation and unplugged the HDMI cable. Powering up the PlayStation with just composite running I don't notice any "hiccups" so I'm wondering if my HDMI cable is causing interference with the composite signal somehow. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's there.

Here's a short video of it happening on the xstation menu, but it also happens in game.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I've tried physically separating the cables, but in my entertainment center there's only so much I can do.

invaderyoyo

A similar thing happens to me. I have my PS1 connected to a JVC RGB monitor and if the HDMI cable is plugged in at the same time that I'm using analog video, there will be VERY faint diagonal jailbars on the RGB monitor. Sometimes other little hiccups will happen. The HDMI signal is always perfect on mine as well.

I also have an XStation installed, like you.

obsidianspider

Some searching around has me wondering if it's a clock issue. I did notice when I played with the Clock Adjust settings in the PS1 Digital, if I change it to "overclock" the composite signal goes black and white, so I am thinking that maybe the PS1 Digital is affecting the analog output and maybe it's a sync problem? I'm really just guessing. What's weird is that when I unplug the HDMI cable from the PlayStation the analog composite signal is perfect.

invaderyoyo

It’s exactly the same with me. As long as no HDMI cable is plugged in, analog video output is perfect. I just assumed it’s interference from the PS1 Digital, after all we did remove the metal shield.