Black screen from both HDMI and analog

Kouzex

I've installed the PS1Digital and its all functioning correctly. Voltages all correct, solid blue LED, when i hold reset the PS1Digital menu comes up with a green background.

However, when it boots normally i'm getting a signal from both HDMI and analog. It was working on analog for a short while, whilst i was ironing out some kinks with the digital, but now just black screen.

I have swapped the BIOS chip today also. Any ideas if it's that or something with the console or digital?

Kouzex

No audio at all, seems like it could be even due to the clock, but i checked the tracks for continuity and it's all good.

Kouzex

Just reflowed the BIOS chip and it worked for a couple hours, now it's back to square one with a black screen

bahamutfan64

And that was the only chip you had reflowed?
Does anything happen when you press down on the bios with your fingers as you power on the console?

I’ve had black screens be caused by RAM/BIOS/CPU/GPU needing to be reflowed, so pressing down on each one at a time at booting up may help to narrow down the issue - it’s certainly helped me.

Kouzex

Alright, i'll give that a go soon, i may have reflowed some of the GPU at the same time, so i'll take another look at that too. It's just strange it only lasted a couple hours then went back to a black screen.

Kouzex

And that was the only chip you had reflowed?
Does anything happen when you press down on the bios with your fingers as you power on the console?

I’ve had black screens be caused by RAM/BIOS/CPU/GPU needing to be reflowed, so pressing down on each one at a time at booting up may help to narrow down the issue - it’s certainly helped me.
That did the trick, seems like it was just the BIOS chip again, cheers!

Kouzex

And we're back to square one again, maybe there's something wrong with the bios chip itself, this is so strange