Xstation OSD Disc-swapping Documentation?

invaderyoyo

Just installed my PS1Digital yesterday and it’s working great, I get all hearts, and I love it.

I also have an Xstation installed and was wondering if there is any documentation on setting up the OSD disc-swapping and how to use it.

I noticed that modders on Twitter, that mention it, cut two traces and attach two wires, but I couldn’t find anything about it in these forums, the installation docs, or the install video.

Just wanna be sure I know how it’s used before I cut traces. Any info would be appreciated.

dryja123

Thanks! Hmm, I wasn’t expecting to have to fiddle with software stuff.
It's really not as intimidating as it reads. Setup the software that they recommend, and link it to the PS1 Digital. Export the config file to your PC, edit a line, and import it back to the PS1 Digital. Do the hardware mod. Done.

invaderyoyo

It's really not as intimidating as it reads. Setup the software that they recommend, and link it to the PS1 Digital. Export the config file to your PC, edit a line, and import it back to the PS1 Digital. Do the hardware mod. Done.
I’d need to physically “link it”, right? I’m guessing with a JTAG cable?

invaderyoyo

No, you use the software and connect to the device over WiFi. I’ll try to create some more user friendly documentation. It’s really easy and the documentation is over engineered.
Alright, cool. I’ll see if I can figure it out. Thanks, again.

invaderyoyo

You're welcome. I'm currently at work so I can't really help with the documentation right now. I can help out later on this evening. Report back if you hit a snag.
Unfortunately, I don't have the slightest clue when it comes to using a command prompt. After fiddling with the command prompt for an hour, I couldn't get xhdmi-tools to run or really figure out what I'm supposed to do to get it to run. After some googling, I tried extracting the two tar.gz files for windows and running the .exe for each one in the command prompt, but nothing happened. I tried manual install since I don't know what homebrew, scoop, or deb/rpm are.

I might just have to wait for it to be added through an update.

invaderyoyo

After some more fiddling I managed to install it using scoop. I don't think I'm actually connected, though. I tried to reset it just to check and it didn't work.

Also, I,m not sure what I'm supposed to write for <file> in step 3 of lidcontrol.md. Here is a picture of the command prompt:

EDIT #1:

Nevermind, I got it to connect!

EDIT #2:

I figured it out! I can see why you'd say it's easy, if you know how to do it. As someone who knows nothing about software, I had to do a TON of googling and go through a lot of trial and error.

Anyway, Thanks once again! I wouldn't have tried if you didn't let me know the connection was over wifi.

Last edited:

dryja123

Hey, that's awesome! Yeah, I'm used to command line tools through work so this wasn't really an issue for me to tackle. I would have been more than happy to type up some documentation for you if you needed it, but you figured it out, and you learned something!

Happy to hear Dan say that this will be easier in the future.

invaderyoyo

Hey, that's awesome! Yeah, I'm used to command line tools through work so this wasn't really an issue for me to tackle. I would have been more than happy to type up some documentation for you if you needed it, but you figured it out, and you learned something!

Happy to hear Dan say that this will be easier in the future.
Clearer instructions might help others doing the install. Then again, I haven’t seen other people ask about this. I guess most people doing this mod are familiar with using command line stuff.

invaderyoyo

Somebody has now uploaded a very useful video explaining this process. If you’re as programming illiterate as I am, this could potentially save you HOURS of googling and fiddling.

Junkman707

Update to firmware 1.5.1 or later which makes the option available in the installer setup menu.
Access the PS1Digital settings using the web login
The IP address, username and password are available in the OSD > WiFi Setup
at the prompt type> setup
the last option is for the lidswitch.

1617281951440.png

Invaderzim

Not working at all i have it updated to the newest firmware on the console it self. When I type in console list it shows it and when I type in ping. it can ping it I have followed everything in this video and I still cant get it to download the file

dryja123

Not working at all i have it updated to the newest firmware on the console it self. When I type in console list it shows it and when I type in ping. it can ping it I have followed everything in this video and I still cant get it to download the file
If you're on the latest firmware than that video is completely irrelevant now. There's a web interface for the PS1 Digital. Put the PS1 Digital on your wifi and type in the IP address for the PS1 Digital into your web browser. You'll get a screen asking for a username and password, that can be found in the PS1 Digital OSD and it's randomly generated every time the console powers on and off.

Once you're in the Web UI you can literally type in the command found in the comment above your last post and it will enable the lid switch function.

Once again, you don't have to do anything in that youtube video anymore. The latest firmware made this much easier to do now.

Invaderzim

Figured it out thank you for the help I appreciate it so much I had to register the ps1 again with the new auto generated password and it solved the issue of downloading the file