Video issues after updating to 1.5.2

ohpoorpup

Hi!

I finalized my PS1Digital install and used it for a number of hours to ensure everything worked perfectly. After updating to 1.5.2 (I believe I was on 1.3.4 but I didn't note the precise firmware, sorry) I'm losing signal very intermittently and every time I reset to xStation, the screen flashes bright green for a moment. I understand that happens when the system is held in a reset state, any idea why that firmware update would cause the reset state to lengthen?

Update: I swapped out the PSU for one I'd recapped before and the green flash went away! Guessing one of those updates added a little more power load to the PS1Digital than my PSU was ready for. Sorry to spam the forum but hopefully this helps someone!

Update the Second: It started doing it again! Unsure what's causing it but I'm to make sure the clock signals are well-connected as I saw someone had a green-screen issue relating to them. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

KylJoy

I thought I was having a similar issue but it was related to my television talking to the ps1digital through HDMI due to updates in the 1.5.2 firmware. I fiddled with TV and got it working again. It has to do with a new setting in the new firmware to make the ps1digital work with tv remote, etc.

Last edited:

Vorenge

You’re referring to the CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) setting that communicates additional information between your TV and PS1D. On 1.5.2, I believe you can turn that setting off if you like in the menu.

TeamShake

Did you ever find a solution to this? Mine was working flawlessly then i didnt use it for a couple weeks. i turned it on and updated my memcard pro (probably unrelated to issue), but now its intermittently dropping the hdmi signal.

edit:
it ended up being my gpu flex. i booted it up without the shield on and when i touched the flex cable, the signal came on. i think the piece of tape on the flex cable came loose and might have dislodged the joint on the clock or something. after reflowing the flex cable its working again. made sure my joints looked better this time.

Last edited:

bahamutfan64

I always use Kapton tape to firmly secure the flex cable against the GPU; the sticky piece of tape comes loose very easily.