R4 resolutions are screwed up after update to fw 1.4.1

Jetfire13

Hello! I installed a new PS1Digital kit into a PlayStation and updated the fw right away to 1.4.1. I noticed that Ridge Racer Type 4 has some really weird resolution issues now. The screen gets cut in half and drops output. I tested the same scenario on my other unit with fw 1.3.4 and R4 was fine. I then updated the fw on the second unit to 1.4.1 and R4 started having issues again. Is anyone else experiencing this or can provide a fix? Thank you!

Killbot80k

I too am having issues with R4 on fw 1.4.1. The main opening movie is totally off center as well as the loading animations. I have tried forcing different resolutions and turning off the clock adjust completely with still the same results. Hopefully someone can help on a fix for this.

Jetfire13

I too am having issues with R4 on fw 1.4.1. The main opening movie is totally off center as well as the loading animations. I have tried forcing different resolutions and turning off the clock adjust completely with still the same results. Hopefully someone can help on a fix for this.
The resolution has been found. I asked about this on the RetroRGB discord. One of the members reached out to Chriz and was told to change the vertical value to 0 in the Capture adjust settings on the PS1Digital. We both tried it and it fixed R4. Let me know if that fixes it for you also.

Killbot80k

The resolution has been found. I asked about this on the RetroRGB discord. One of the members reached out to Chriz and was told to change the vertical value to 0 in the Capture adjust settings on the PS1Digital. We both tried it and it fixed R4. Let me know if that fixes it for you also.
Yep, that did the trick! Thanks for the info!

Junkman707

Setting the Capture Adjust Settings > Vertical to 0 also fixed it for Assault Retribrution.
I dont remember having this problem with the 1.3.x firmwares