PS1 logo stutter on startup and reset

Grimnir

Hey guys!

I just have a small question. I got the awesome XStation + PS1Digital combo installed, I can't help but to notice something odd.

On startup on games, I see the PS1 logo flash or flicker before the whole sequence boots up ( as in the Sony logo, then the PS logo fully). I do run a capture setup with a DataPath E1 card and a HDMI splitter.

Has anyone else experience this? Is it normal?

Last edited:

jpjaymo

I'm not sure if this is normal but I experience the same thing. I am also using a HDMI splitter. I've also noticed my tv takes slightly longer to recognize a digital signal than a analog signal.

Grimnir

I also wanted to clarify this I didn't state in the original post. The PS logo flicker/flash only happens when doing a full load or reset on a game.
Not sure if it's an XStation thing as well..
In addition, I tried this without using my capture setup and it still does the logo flicker. I posted a gif of what I mean.

Last edited:

jpjaymo

Mine behaves exactly the same way. I don't think this is an issue. Other than this everything works great. I haven't run into any issues in the 2 months I've been using it. Also Xstation and PS1Digital work great together. Also I tested this scenario using analog video through a crt and through the ossc. In both cases the stutter effect doesn't occur.
Must be something with the ps1digital.

Last edited:

ProcessID

I see the same thing on mine and just assumed that it was due to the ps1digital needing a moment to initialize. After all, it can't start up until after the ps1 has already started to boot.

Grimnir

I see the same thing on mine and just assumed that it was due to the ps1digital needing a moment to initialize. After all, it can't start up until after the ps1 has already started to boot.
That's very interesting. Must be some sort of handshake in this.