GCDual no power

papaMG

Hi, I purchased a GCDual from RetroUpgrades here in the UK, as the title says I’m not able to get any life out of it and I’m unsure why, the LED does not light up at all.

I have an old GCDual kit so after using the new kit and getting no life I tried my old one on the new QSB which worked so it wasn’t an issue with my QSB install, after an hour of testing though it developed a short and would no longer power on so I switched to my backup cube.

When removing the new QSB I ended up lifting a couple pads regrettably, so I used my old QSB which I checked was fine but with the new mainboard still nothing going on, again I then tried my old board which was working but give a solid light but there wasn’t a short and the pin was definitely connected so I believe that to be down to the board being old and taken on and off many systems, but regardless of that it still was getting power.

the cube right now has the new mainboard in there even though it doesn’t power on and the cube itself is powering on just fine, does this mean the board I got was just cooked from the start?