GC Loader Refuses to Load ISO's/Play Games

Dysturbed87

I have a GC Loader with the connector from the first round of orders. I have been messing with this thing, on and off, for this past month. I have never been able to get the GC Loader to load/play a game. I can run those same ISO's through the SD2SP2 and they will work just fine. I have used a variety of sd cards (sandisk ultra/ultra plus/extreme and the basic blue) in varying sizes (8gb to 128gb) and form factors (sd and microsd). All cards were formated to FAT32 with 32k cluster. I saw that a new firmware had been released, so I tried to update that. It says it updated, but it could never "verify" it as it failed every time. I have received a variety of errors when attempting to boot a game or it just freezes at "Loading DOL". I have set games to be boot.iso and it would start to load the game and then freeze (last picture shows the last screen that displays on Super Mario Sunshine before it goes stops loading). One error that I don't have pictured is "Disc does not contain valid word at 0x1c". I am at a loss as to what needs to be done at this point.

Also, I tried an older swiss version that still supported the GC Loader and it still won't play an ISO.

GC Loader:

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Recheck the soldering on the connector,

Disc does not contain valid word at 0x1c normally means its a connection issue.

Also make sure the connector isn't dirty.

Dysturbed87

Sorry for the late reply, I am just now having time to mess with this again. I have verified the soldering on the connector and have cleaned the sides (GC Loader and MB side). I did have the SD mount from laser bear installed during the initial post, but have since removed to rule that out. I am still receiving the same error (0x1c), as well as, freezing before getting to the title screen of any game when it is set to boot.iso

Dysturbed87

I have tried all these cards with different configurations (i.e. setting game to boot.iso, swiss as boot.iso and attempting to load a game, different versions of swiss) and all have failed to load. With the ISO's on the card for the SD2SP2, they load.

SD Cards used

Simon Belmont

Greetings. I recently bought a GC Loader PNP from the October batch and it works great but unfortunately I ran into the same issue listed above. Some backups (images) do not load nor show up (banners) in the Swiss menu and I get the same "Disc does not contain valid word at 0x1c" message. I've noticed that after I copy more than 25-30 backups (isos) to the sd card, it does that. If I don't exceed that limit, the isos do show up and load. I'm currently on Swiss version r927, using a FAT32 128gb micro sd card, with the latest GC Loader firmware 1.1.2. installed. I've tried disconnecting the GC Loader and reconnecting it. I've tried several versions of Swiss. I've tried GC Loader firmware 1.1.0. I've tried power cycling the console. I've tried formatting the sd card to exFAT. I don't know what else to do. Was a solution for this found? If so, can you please help?

Last edited:

citrus3000psi

Administrator
Staff member
Try another SD card please. This is usually the issue when the card partially works. Also test your current card on one of those read/write verification programs.

Simon Belmont

I already tried a few new Sandisk sd cards and the same issue persists. Except now some games are freezing. Also, I tried different versions of Swiss. Is it possible that my GC Loader is malfunctioning? Or what is the next step I should take? I have little knowledge on this excuse me.

Last edited:

Simon Belmont

No I am not using a tray. It's connected directly to the board as instructed. My setup is GC loader PNP, sandisk 128gb (fat32), Latest version of SWISS, lastest gc loader firmware, no tray, no sd gecko, no sd2sp2.

mayshayes

Has there been any solution for this yet? Having same problem, have tried multiple things (a different GC Loader, SD Card, with and without Mount) and still can't get the GC Loader to work.

Jesse3992

for anyone having the game freezing problem when you try to launch games I figured out the problem. is its a cheap fake one that only launches homebrew and its made to look real with a website that looks like the real one and everything but they market it as a GC loader PNP lite. make sure its real before you buy and dont make the same mistake i did.