Continuity, video DAC pins, D0 and VCLK

Pickle Jar

I'm getting continuity between D0 and VCLK on the left side, bottom of the 315-6258 after installing the ribbon. I didn't check before install but I assume this shouldn't be. No continuity between either of these and +5V which is between them. Is this expected or is something not right here?

Pickle Jar

Thx. I wasn't sure if the package (not a resistor, surely?) on the ribbon made that connection as designed. I didn't see any bridge on this but I'll take another look.

Pickle Jar

I took another look, I can't see anything, red marks show where I have continuity.

I've ordered a replacement ribbon, no continuity there and clearly a different batch. Was there a known manufacturing error with any of these? It seems 470 is shifted a little though not enough to create any visible bridge.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

UPDATE:

Still couldn't find the source of this strange continuity between VLCK and D0. Checked again and unwanted continuity was definitely there, screen output was obv garbled. Removed the ribbon, all pads intact and still on the ribbon. Checked continuity on the board and ribbon, both check out OK, no unwanted continuity. No errant solder or debris anywhere, strange that it would jump over the 5V leg. It was fortunate I spotted it, but it remains a mystery.

Last edited: