Search results

1. P

Problem with no audio despite all tests passing

UPDATE AND CLOSEOUT: Turns out I had a tiny bridge on the surface packet, between ABCK and ALRK picture left in Dan's post #9 above. Continuity along the ribbon and at the DC chips checked out all fine, it was only through "may as well check the ribbon surface packets" exercise that the bridge...
  2. P

I'd do that but flex cables are out of stock everywhere. Next round it is.
  3. P

Damn it, I was going to do a flex cable test install on a separate DC motherboard as a quick troubleshoot but they sold out since yesterday. @citrus3000psi you have any in a secret stash out back? Worth a try =)
  4. P

Good to hear! I'm not following the diagram, is that on the DCHDMI board itself? Why would those need jumping, and with a new set of resistors? And how would a new flex cable help? I feel I'm missing something here ... EDIT: No, I think I get it - you bypassed the whole ribbon cable to get...
  5. P

Yon/Burns did you figure this? I have same issue: video coming through, all hearts, no audio though HDMI. All continuities on the audio DAC and ribbon tested OK.
  6. P

TP206 test pad torn off

Confirmed, this worked. Thx! Here's the circuit map if anyone else gets stuck, alt point marked. And be sure to use small-gauge wire for a more flexible connection: thicker gauge has too stiff a joint risking tearing off when you reseat the board.
  7. P

Continuity, video DAC pins, D0 and VCLK

I took another look, I can't see anything, red marks show where I have continuity. I've ordered a replacement ribbon, no continuity there and clearly a different batch. Was there a known manufacturing error with any of these? It seems 470 is shifted a little though not enough to create any...
  8. P

Thx. I wasn't sure if the package (not a resistor, surely?) on the ribbon made that connection as designed. I didn't see any bridge on this but I'll take another look.
  9. P

I'm getting continuity between D0 and VCLK on the left side, bottom of the 315-6258 after installing the ribbon. I didn't check before install but I assume this shouldn't be. No continuity between either of these and +5V which is between them. Is this expected or is something not right here?
  10. P

TP206 test pad torn off

Everything went smoothly until reseating the board back into the case, adjusting some cable pinching, saw the IC206 test pad cable had come off with the pad still attached to the wire. The video says this is part of the reset circuit. Is it necessary for operation? Is there another connection...