Recent content by tcrowe76

1. T

All 3.3s to GNDs shorted? No PWR LED and PSU "clicks"

Just want to update in case anyone else struggles with this. Turns out there was a bit of solder bridging two unrelated pins on the GPU (opposite side to the flex cable.) Looks like solder ended up sticking to the backside of some pins after traveling under the IC. When cleared, this removed...
  2. T

Noisey image on CableSelect, yellow image in Force VGA mode

I managed to install a new flex cable and fixed the problem. For anyone curious, I carefully removed the old flex, cleaned up and lightly flowed new solder on the IC pads, fluxed and lightly (!!!) tinned the underside of the new flex, got really tight alignment and soldered again. Thick flux...
  3. T

Noisey image on CableSelect, yellow image in Force VGA mode

Poor image with a lot of random black pixels. Noisey, blocky, and some random static in certain games/screens (esp solid backgrounds). Could I just need more solder to fix the noise? I messed up alignment at first and took off the flex (clean, no bridges, tested w/ multi-meter). A pad on...
  4. T

Thank you. I abandoned this and bought a new PS1 and flex. I'll use this one for parts. Should have started with a simpler mod for my first one!
  5. T

Edit: I get continuity on audio flex between GND and 2 of the NCs, but not w/ 5V. Guess my probes are not fine enough and was touching them together. So it seems like the issue is that all GNDs and any 3.3V on the GPU flex are showing continuity. I've already decided to scrap this board and...
  6. T

I had a working PS1 Digital and X-Station installs but no audio and no controller input. Replaced controller, audio flex, and GPU flexes (all new - borked up removal - don't ask). Now, no blue LED, no power LED when PSU connected to board (but green LED on when disconnected from board). Weird...