Recent content by Soplet

1. S

No Boot (No composite/No HDMI/No Audio)

Triple post again, but I figured it out! It turns out lifting R609 and R610 are the worst(tm) possible pads to mess up because THEY ARE JUNCTION POINTS. Meaning they connect to TWO things, not just A6 and A7. They connect to the SH4 directly, too, so I had to solder a tiny wire from two little...
  2. S

Sorry for multiposting so much, but I have some concerns about the design here. Why are pins 6 and 7 being tied together like this? There's a random 1k resistor and a diode that don't make sense, granted I'm not sure of the specifics of the FPGA. My concern here is that grounding this combined...
  3. S

I actually just got my controller port working! FL601/FL602 are fine (soldering to FL60x on the side facing away from the board edge, which is the same side as is used for R60x in the install instructions). I just redid them and I can get an OSD now! Test/Info shows all hearts. I wish the...
  4. S

Sorry to triple post, but I reflowed the flex cable and I'm still having the ForceVGA or VGA Box set to PC = no video issue (HDMI audio is fine). S-Video and Composite work, even when the VGA box is set to PC. The weird thing is that ForceVGA or VGA box set to PC causes the ESP to enter IAP mode...
  5. S

Just an update: it IS booting--the VMU on the controller, when plugged into control ports B,C, or D, displays the icon I have it set to. So I'm just having no audiovisual output over any method. When in control port A, the VMU displays nothing. I re-checked all the flex cable connections and...
  6. S

Thanks, I checked those spots and there doesn't appear to be any damage. I know there is one long screw that goes in the corner by the G2 connector, and I've been pretty careful about keeping track of which screws go where, which appears to have prevented that kind of damage. It's possible my...
  7. S

Hi, I installed a dchdmi 1.3a following all the directions, checked for shorts (none found) and everything fits. However, now my console won’t POST — no composite or VGA video, no audio. Not sure what to check for. Continuity is all there. My board is a 171-7695C-X3 VA1. I do see the dchdmi...