Recent content by devsfan1830

1. D

No audio

FIXED! In my case the SPU chip (IC 308) required a reflow. Audio now works AND the xstation is properly booting again!
  2. D

No audio

Lol actually i just did that after seeing exactly what those ICs were for. Al pins now nice and shiny with plenty of kester no clean flux and a fine point iron. Still not working.
  3. D

No audio

The thing is, the audio was working when I got it back from the installer. Xstation and PS1Digital were 100%. The chain of events are as follows. I had fiddled with the xtstation sd mount some time after the install when i saw the story about rerouting the sd extender cable to relieve stress on...
  4. D

No audio

Also worth noting i get no analog audio either. And yes i did test every pin to make sure there are no shorts or pins lifted from their pads
  5. D

No audio

So as Im about to do this bypass I discovered something rather concerning. That component that appears to be a ceramic cap where you marked the spot to tap off the green RST signal, that component is gone from my board. I have no idea if it was always missing or it got inadvertently removed...
  6. D

No audio

Oh yeah....DUH. LOL. Thanks.
  7. D

No audio

Having the same issue. An initially good install suddenly has no audio. So I've ordered these parts to attempt your bypass method. I was wondering if you could post what signals go to which pin #s on the adapter pcb.
  8. D

HDMI link but black screen output only

Dammit! Wish id checked here. I had the same thing! I thought it was a bad solder job on the gpu flex. I didnt know about the button combo. I tried to rework it and ended up introducing a short on the 3.3v line. No LEDs and the PSU squealed when powrred on. The way to fix it was to take a hot...