Recent content by Bendejo

1. B

PS1 Digital Board not power on

Update: It works! Finally found a compatible ps1 to do the mod with, and just tested it now and it booted it up. Its been a while tho so I lost the wifi connector and the 2x spaces. I have contacted black-dog tech to see if they got spares but havent heard back. Also I will be doin the...
  2. B

Just make sure you dont have any bridging going on before your next power up. The bridging I had was very difficult to see and fix. I only caught it after a few thorough investigations. And my attempt to fix turned it into a mess.
  3. B

I'm kinda stuck right now with this project. I was able to get my hands on replacement parts but I have really botched the install beyond the fuse. I'm not even sure if they were ever bad. I may have had some bridging. So I'm waiting on getting a suitable replacement PS1 so I could attempt the...
  4. B

Didn't think about that but that would be a cheaper solution. The X-station board isnt tough to remove and I think I could succeed on a 2nd try.
  5. B

Ok might have no choice but to give this to a pro. I have removed the pad underneath one of the pins that looked like had problem.
  6. B

It looks like I may still have some bridging behind the pins. Not sure how I'm supposed to get that, any suggestions? https://ibb.co/wy3bF84 https://ibb.co/26BDtGk
  7. B

No testing, was hoping to get it all in one shot. The biggest worry i have are those 2 points youre supposed to scratch off. But we will see. I'm still getting continuity with all the fuses at least but still nothing, not even in analog. I will try to take another picture and apply more solder...
  8. B

Update, I think i cleaned the mess i made on the gpu pins. I also put back the old ps604 fuse back in its donor PS1 (the one i removed from the working PS1 and it worked good. Tested the other fuses circled on the picture above and they all had continuity so it doesnt seem like i messed it up as...
  9. B

I uploaded the pictures to another site since the files are too big. I cleaned up most of the mess I made on the gpu chip but there's still that stuff in the middle I am having trouble getting rid of. Bonus pictures of the xstation mod I attempted. This is my first time with this pine of a...
  10. B

Thats what I meant, I tried using analog video right after hdmi didnt work. This was before I removed the resistor. Then I got a new resistor and tried analog again, but if there are 5 or so other fuses I need to check, then yeah maybe theres a problem with those resistors too. Is there a place...
  11. B

I already have the ps1digital removed. Tried connecting with analog and dont have a signal. I did the continuity test on the resistor and had nothing. I can get pictures later when im off work.
  12. B

i dont know, I dont really have a good magnifying glass. Bought one of those cheap ones from ebay, not working as good as i hoped. And yeah, i'll probably end up getting some more gear like the hot air gun. I think I did a good job on everything else but the graphics chip needs a good cleaning...
  13. B

Just looked at the job. I thought I did a good job but I installed the cable to the wrong pins. Entire cable needed to be shifted one pin over to the left. Kinda left a mess removing the cable and destroyed the cable. I have one on order and will attempt this again. This time not at 2am in the...
  14. B

Just did a fresh install and was trying to test to see if it works but I cant even get the boards blue light to come on. The PS1 does power on. Is there something i need to check or that im missing?